SFHK warns against Phone Scam and Phishing SMS messages
SFHK Urges the Public to Beware of Phone Scam
S.F. Express (Hong Kong) Limited (hereinafter “SFHK”) urges customers to beware of criminals who impersonate the company's customer service hotline to falsely claim that there is problem with the shipment delivery and attempt to commit fraud. SFHK reminds customers and the public to be vigilant and pay attention to the following points to avoid being deceived:
- SFHK staff will never obtain customers’sensitive data such as personal identification document numbers, bank account numbers, PIN codes or credit card numbers, etc. when contacting customers for delivery
- According to Office of the Communications Authority instructions, the calling number display of mobile phones with ‘+’ as a prefix are incoming calls originating from outside Hong Kong. If you receive unknown calls with the prefix “+852” which appears to be from a local number, you should be alert to the possible telephone deception.
- SFHK staff will not proactively communicate with customers in Putonghua or pre-recorded Putonghua voice messages, nor will forward the call to any law enforcement agencies
- No service charge amount will be indicated in the SMS messages sent by SFHK and customers will not be requested to settle bill via any hyperlinks
- The official website of SFHK is https://htm.sf-express.com/hk/en/. If customers have enquires on the delivery status or use related services, they should enter the URL of SFHK into web browser, or download SF Express APP. Customers are reminded not to provide personal information via hyperlinks from unknown sources
Members of Public are advised not to answer these calls or response to these SMS messages and protect sensitive personal information carefully. Under no circumstances should customers disclose personal information and password to anyone, or conduct any transfers or remittances.
If customers are in doubt with the SMS messages or/and incoming calls, please contact SFHK at (852) 2730 0273 (Hong Kong) or (853) 2873 7373 (Macau) for verification. Customers may also report to Police or contact Anti-Deception Coordination Centre (ADCC) of the Police at Anti-Scam Helpline at 18222 for assistance if personal data may have disclosed to suspected parties.