SFHK Reminds Public to Beware of Phone Scam
In view of the recent cases of phone scam where swindlers pretended to be staff of courier companies, S.F. Express (Hong Kong) Limited (hereinafter “SFHK”) would like to remind customers again stay alert against scam calls or any telecommunication methods claiming to be SF or SFHK’s employees, intending to elicit customers’ personal information or request for payment.
These scam calls or messages claiming they call from or SFHK may offer various reasons, such as unsuccessful parcel delivery, customs detention of parcels or parcels contain prohibited items and so on with a view to commit fraudulent acts.
SFHK reiterates that the company’s representatives would never obtain personal information from customers such as personal identification document numbers, bank account numbers or passwords and so on when contacting our customers in relation to parcel matters. In addition, customers are advised to identify scam calls through the following important points:
- If you receive an incoming call displaying a “+” sign, this is a call outside Hong Kong, and SFHK shall NOT make such a call.
- When SFHK contacts customers, the responsible staff members shall NOT use pre-recorded audio messages in Mandarin dialect.
- SFHK would NOT forward the phone call to any law enforcement parties.
Public members are reminded to always stay alert and not to respond any suspicious calls or text messages, to protect their interests by:
1. Never disclose personal data or bank account details to suspicious callers or pre-recorded voice message phone calls requesting such information.
2. Upon suspicious scams or fraud attempts, ask the caller to provide contact number and relevant information, then call the company’s service hotline at
(852) 2730 0273 (Hong Kong) for verification.
3. If customers are concerned that they may have disclosed personal information to suspected parties, they should contact our company immediately, and report to
police at any police station or call the Hong Kong Police Force Anti-Scam Helpline at 18222 for assistance.