SFHK warns against Phone Scam and Phishing SMS messages
Following reported cases on phishing SMS messages with suspicious hyperlinks purporting to be sent by S.F. Express (Hong Kong) Limited (SFHK), SFHK hasrecently received reports from customers about phone scammers impersonating SFHK staff claim that the customers have involved in crime and assist in forwarding the call to another fraudster posing as a law enforcement officer to defraud personal or bank account information.
These scam calls or SMS messages may also claim to be representatives of S.F Express or SFHK from the fraudulent acts, claiming that there were unsuccessful delivery, customs detention, leak of personal data, or contraband in the shipments, etc.
SFHK once again urges customers and public to stay alert and take note on following points to prevent from being deceived.
- SFHK staff will never obtain customers’ sensitive data such as personal identification document numbers, bank account numbers, PIN codes or credit card numbers, etc. when contacting customers for delivery
- According to Office of the Communications Authority instructions, the calling number display of mobile phones with ‘+’ as a prefix are incoming calls originating from outside Hong Kong. If you receive unknown calls with the prefix “+852” which appears to be from a local number, you should be alert to the possible telephone deception.
- SFHK staff will not proactively communicate with customers in Putonghua or pre-recorded Putonghua voice messages, nor will forward the call to any law enforcement agencies
- No service charge amount will be indicated in the SMS messages sent by SFHK and customers will not be requested to settle bill via any hyperlinks
- The official website of SFHK is https://htm.sf-express.com/hk/en/. If customers have enquires on the delivery status or use related services, they should enter the URL of SFHK into web browser, or download SF Express APP. Customers are reminded not to provide personal information via hyperlinks from unknown sources
Members of Public are advised not to answer these calls or response to these SMS messages and protect sensitive personal information carefully. Under no circumstances should customers disclose personal information and password to anyone, or conduct any transfers or remittances. If customers are in doubt with the SMS messages or/and incoming calls, please contact SFHK at (852) 2730 0273 (Hong Kong) or (853) 2873 7373 (Macau) for verification. Customers may also report to Police or contact Anti-Deception Coordination Centre (ADCC) of the Police at Anti-Scam Helpline at 18222 for assistance if personal data may have disclosed to suspected parties.
For further enquiries, please contact us via (852) 2730 0273 (Hong Kong) ; WhatsApp (852) 5232 3333 or @sfexpresshk Facebook Messenger.